Rosemount dates to the very earliest settlement of Australia, the land being granted to Robert Dillin in 1821, with records indicating there was a house on the site by at least 1828. A new “front” was constructed c.1860, comprising an entrance hall and two formal rooms, with a wide verandah wrapping around all sides. The house remains largely intact from that time. The project comprised extensive refurbishment of the house, including essential repairs and maintenance and upgrading all services, to create comfortable accommodation for a family. The most significant intervention was to enclose the courtyard between the rear wings, which had already been roofed over. This created a large open plan kitchen/dining/living space, opening out across a new verandah to the garden. Construction was completed in 2007.