Monksford House was built as a hunting lodge by Lieutenant-Colonel Alexander Mitchell in around 1906, set at the centre of an estate on the banks of the River Tweed. This project involved rebuilding a wing of the house that had been demolished in the 1950’s, replicating the historic details in the Edwardian style as accurately as possible. The replacement wing was a substantial building project, three storeys in height and almost doubling the floor area of the house. Accommodation includes several additional public rooms and bedrooms, a games room, garden room and wine store. The building works to the house were completed in 2012. An ongoing programme of work to other buildings on the estate continues.