Steels Garage was originally constructed in 1889 and known as Olympic Hall. It was used for various purposes, including an ice-skating rink and athletics hall, until being converted to a garage in 1939. The project involved converting the building to provide commercial office space, with a new first floor and mezzanine constructed to maximise the lettable floor area. The basement was retained for car parking. Lift access was provided to all levels. The detailing of the historic street facade was restored, though retaining the enlarged garage openings. Internally, the massive timber roof trusses were retained and exposed, with a full height lightwell allow them to be seen from the entrance foyer.