Glenmayne House is a Grade A listed historic mansion set high above the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders. The house was designed for John Murray in 1866 by Charles Kinnear, the most fashionable architect of his day, in an imposing Scottish Baronial style. Murray was a partner in Sanderson & Murray, one of the largest colonial wool merchants in the world. Substantial additions to Glenmayne were undertaken for the Murray family by Sir Robert Lorimer in 1913, including a new library wing, with later interior decorations by Scott Morton & Company. An extensive programme of works was completed in 2007. This included general refurbishment of the interior and exterior, and upgrading of all services, to create an elegant and comfortable family home within the historic fabric.